Awful Day

So usually when "bad" things happen I roll with it, because I know that these things are temporary.  I roll my eyes and go about my day.  Today, however, seemed like one bad thing after another kept happening.  I am glad this day is over.  Surely tomorrow will be better, right?  That is what is so awesome about being granted another day in life...the chance to have a better go of it.  I feel myself starting to go into devolve into a depressed state though, and I wonder if that is affecting my outlook.  Of course everything looks terrible when you are depressed, right?  The real question is can I shake this or not.  I don't want to feel this way.  I want to convince myself that I have control over what I feel.  After all, I do believe in the teachings of Buddhism, so I should be able to not let my feelings control me.  It is vital that I put things in their place, put things in the self-contained bubble that they belong.  So...I put this awful day into a balloon I call "Godawful Day".  It can no longer get to me.  I see it, I acknowledge it, but it is over there and I am over here.  Bubbles, after all, can not also exist to be a monkey on your back.  Well, I guess if you visualize your "Godawful Day" as a monkey I guess you could put the monkey in a bubble, if that makes any sense.  Often I find I make sense only to myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Stigma Means To Me

Hello, Again!

What Domestic Violence Did To Me