Love?


I am listening to love songs on my headphones. Google Play Music has this little button you can hit called "I'm Feeling Lucky" and if you hit that button then Google creates a playlist based on all of your music, your likes, your dislikes, etc. Today Google decided I needed sassy and sad (though not within the same song, thank god) love songs.

It is ironic because I sometimes find myself curious about love. It has been so long since I have felt love from someone or towards someone that I've almost forgotten what it feels like. Does love feel warm? Does it feel safe? Does it ripen the hope of possibilities inside you? Does it terrify you? I simply can not remember. It is maddening to try to grasp a memory of something. It is probably easier to grab a handful of a cloud.

I have only been in love twice in my life, once with a female and later on, with a male. It has been over a decade since I was last in love. "But wait, what about the relationships you have had in the last ten years?" Yeah, sometimes people get involved in a relationship for reasons other than love. Not because you are using them but because people fulfill different needs at different times; and that what felt like love turned out not to be love at all! It is much easier to be in love with wanting to be in love than it is to do the work actual love requires.

(And now Ke$ha is playing...she has a lot of wise things to say about love.)

Valentine's Day is in 8 days. Woohoo. Not. Maybe I will get Kitty something nice, like a dead mouse or something. Nothing says love like a dead rodent, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Stigma Means To Me

Hello, Again!

What Domestic Violence Did To Me