Ahhh, Rest!

It seems as though a few days of rest and Nyquil have brought me much closer to feeling normal again.  I don't feel fatigued anymore.  Maybe it is because I am FINALLY getting over my cold, so I don't have that to content with anymore.

For me, all I can do is listen to my body and strive to find balance in all things.  I used to push myself to do things and to go places, even when what I really needed was rest.  I used to be so bad at taking care of myself.  I never made myself a priority, because in the modern world taking "me" time is looked down upon as being selfish.  On Facebook and at the water cooler, there is a certain approval given to people when they relate all of the wonderful things one did the previous weekend:

"I ran a marathon this weekend!"

"I painted my whole house, redecorated, and made a custom centerpiece for my dining room table, all while cooking a 5-course meal from scratch!"

"I played 5 games of softball this weekend, in between raising money for the charity veteran's drive!"

Oh give me a break, haha!  You know and I know half the time these people sat in their pajamas eating Easy Mac while watching reruns on Netflix, just like the rest of us.  That is why it is so important, so vital, to listen to yourself, do what is right for you, and not compare yourself to what other people say they are doing.  Good for them! Go cure cancer.  Me?  I have The Good Wife to catch up on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Stigma Means To Me

Hello, Again!

What Domestic Violence Did To Me