My Email to Anthem BCBS re: Runaround with Pharmacy, Again
I just received a letter from Express Scripts/Accredo that says "We are unable to dispense your prescription due to the reason below: the medication (Stribild) is not covered under the home delivery portion of your prescription plan". I have ordered this prescription in the past and had it delivered to my home.
Here is what I wrote in an email to Anthem BCBS:
I am unsure of why I received a letter and not a phone call as I told both the reps at Accredo (I spoke with two different ones on two different days) that I am out of my meds and I need my order to be processed quickly. I would think that a phone call would be much faster than a letter.
I have emailed you guys before on this same exact issue: how unorganized it is to obtain my meds from Accredo.
What can you do to facilitate this process so that I can get my medication?
I gave all of my copay assistance information and my Ryan White information to both of the reps I spoke with, but I am giving it to you so that I know someone has it in writing.
I have a copay assistance card from Gillead, the manufacturer of Stribild, that takes off $400 from the cost of my Stribild. Here is that information:
RXBIN: xxxxxx
RXPCN: LOYALTY
RXGRP: xxxxxx
ISSUER: xxxxx
ID# xxxxxxxx
To the Pharmacist:
*Submit transaction to McKesson Corporation using BIN# 610524.
*If primary coverage exists, in put card information as secondary coverage and transmit using the COB segment of the NCPDP transaction. Applicable discounts will be displayed in the transaction response.
*For questions or assistance call LoyaltyScript hotline at 1-877-505-6986, 8:00 AM-8:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Also, I have an Insurance Assistance Program (IAP) also known as Ryan White, who picks up copayments/deductibles for my HIV meds. Accredo is partnered with them so that the balance of my medication costs are billed to the IAP. Here is that information:
Insurance Assistance Program of Tennessee
Effective Date: xxxxx
ID# xxxxxxx
Eligibility Verification Phone#: 866-902-3994
Pharmacy Provider Helpline Phone#: 888-211-7721
Fax Claims to: 615-467-1004
Or Mail claims to:
IAP Specialist
PO BOX 42098
Nashville, TN 37201
The address to ship my meds to (my home):
xxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx
xxxxx, TN xxxxx
I desperately need my meds. HIV medications are not something one can just go off and on of, because that will cause the meds not to work anymore. HIV is too serious of a disease for a pharmacy provider such as Accredo to be so nonchalant about helping me get my meds. I have called them twice now and am no further along than I was when I started. I need for you, as my insurance carrier who is contracted with Accredo, to intervene and speed up this process please.
Thanks.
Jason McDonald
865-xxx-xxxx (cell)
Here is what I wrote in an email to Anthem BCBS:
I am unsure of why I received a letter and not a phone call as I told both the reps at Accredo (I spoke with two different ones on two different days) that I am out of my meds and I need my order to be processed quickly. I would think that a phone call would be much faster than a letter.
I have emailed you guys before on this same exact issue: how unorganized it is to obtain my meds from Accredo.
What can you do to facilitate this process so that I can get my medication?
I gave all of my copay assistance information and my Ryan White information to both of the reps I spoke with, but I am giving it to you so that I know someone has it in writing.
I have a copay assistance card from Gillead, the manufacturer of Stribild, that takes off $400 from the cost of my Stribild. Here is that information:
RXBIN: xxxxxx
RXPCN: LOYALTY
RXGRP: xxxxxx
ISSUER: xxxxx
ID# xxxxxxxx
To the Pharmacist:
*Submit transaction to McKesson Corporation using BIN# 610524.
*If primary coverage exists, in put card information as secondary coverage and transmit using the COB segment of the NCPDP transaction. Applicable discounts will be displayed in the transaction response.
*For questions or assistance call LoyaltyScript hotline at 1-877-505-6986, 8:00 AM-8:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Also, I have an Insurance Assistance Program (IAP) also known as Ryan White, who picks up copayments/deductibles for my HIV meds. Accredo is partnered with them so that the balance of my medication costs are billed to the IAP. Here is that information:
Insurance Assistance Program of Tennessee
Effective Date: xxxxx
ID# xxxxxxx
Eligibility Verification Phone#: 866-902-3994
Pharmacy Provider Helpline Phone#: 888-211-7721
Fax Claims to: 615-467-1004
Or Mail claims to:
IAP Specialist
PO BOX 42098
Nashville, TN 37201
The address to ship my meds to (my home):
xxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx
xxxxx, TN xxxxx
I desperately need my meds. HIV medications are not something one can just go off and on of, because that will cause the meds not to work anymore. HIV is too serious of a disease for a pharmacy provider such as Accredo to be so nonchalant about helping me get my meds. I have called them twice now and am no further along than I was when I started. I need for you, as my insurance carrier who is contracted with Accredo, to intervene and speed up this process please.
Thanks.
Jason McDonald
865-xxx-xxxx (cell)
Comments
Post a Comment