An Update on How I've Been

I know it's been a little while since I have posted anything.   Since I completed my Coursera HIV class I allowed exhaustion to overcome me.  I was so focused on my class to the exclusion of almost everything else.  

I also left a very toxic job at Physcians Regional Hospital (owned by a shady company called Health Management Associates) in Knoxville, TN and began work at a much better company.   You may have heard of HMA before,  as they are currently under investigation by the SEC;  also,  they were featured on 60 Minutes for their questionable business practices.  It seems as if I was not the only HMA employee to think something was a bit off at that place.

The environment at HMA was probably the most toxic place of employment I hate everyone ever been in.   I had one director who was very obviously attracted to one of the coworkers on my team.   There was speculation they were having an affair.  This same director even came in to the office so drunk he was slurring and stumbling around.  It caused tension and escalated issues throughout the office.   Adding to this,  we had an evil woman who was our manager.  She was a micro manager; and she ruled by hatred and nitpicking.  And she didn't like it one bit if you questioned her on anything. 

And when I and others complained to our HR and corporate headquarters, we became retaliated against.   I literally still have nightmares about that place.   The rational part of me knows karma will work itself out,  but the angry part of me wishes for their ruin and destruction.  They even gave the director a promotion,  nevermind that several people witnessed his philandering and drunken behavior.  

BUT... I am free of that place and I feel much better for that.   My health has improved now that my stress has been greatly reduced.   I have started to lose some of my "quit smoking" weight.  My t-cells are ridiculously high (908).   Things finally seem to be going in the right direction. 

My body image issues are getting better,  I don't feel like a pregnant woman;  I don't look as if I swallowed a bowling ball. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Stigma Means To Me

Hello, Again!

What Domestic Violence Did To Me